日韩精品久久一区二区三区_亚洲色图p_亚洲综合在线最大成人_国产中出在线观看_日韩免费_亚洲综合在线一区

Global EditionASIA 中文雙語Fran?ais
World
Home / World / Europe

Hungary to block EU's 20th sanctions package against Russia until oil transit resumes

Xinhua | Updated: 2026-02-22 20:55
Share
Share - WeChat

BUDAPEST -- Hungary will block the adoption of the European Union's (EU) 20th sanctions package against Russia until Ukraine restarts crude oil deliveries to Hungary via the Druzhba pipeline, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade Peter Szijjarto said here on Sunday.

In a video statement posted after a meeting of the country's Energy Security Council, Szijjarto said Hungary would oppose the sanctions package at Monday's EU foreign ministers' meeting in Brussels and maintain its position until oil transit to Hungary resumes.

"As long as the Ukrainians do not restart oil transport to Hungary, we will not let go of decisions that are important to them," he said.

He noted that Ukraine's decision earlier this week not to restart shipments was "political blackmail" aimed at creating fuel supply disruptions and driving up petrol prices ahead of Hungary's parliamentary elections.

According to the minister, Hungary has countered the situation by releasing part of its strategic crude reserves and securing replacement supplies via maritime routes.

Szijjarto recalled that Hungary has halted diesel exports to Ukraine, which he said accounted for around 10 percent of Ukraine's diesel imports, and has also moved to block a planned 90-billion-euro EU loan for Ukraine.

In a separate social media post on Sunday, Prime Minister Viktor Orban said Hungary would not "stand idly by" while the Druzhba pipeline remains blocked. "We will ensure Hungary's fuel supply and take appropriate countermeasures until shipments are restarted by Ukraine," Orban wrote.

The Druzhba pipeline, which transports Russian oil to Central Europe via Ukraine, has faced repeated disruptions since last year amid the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine. Hungary stated that although there are currently "no practical or technical obstacles," Ukraine has decided not to restart crude deliveries.

Most Viewed in 24 Hours
Top
BACK TO THE TOP
English
Copyright 1994 - . All rights reserved. The content (including but not limited to text, photo, multimedia information, etc) published in this site belongs to China Daily Information Co (CDIC). Without written authorization from CDIC, such content shall not be republished or used in any form. Note: Browsers with 1024*768 or higher resolution are suggested for this site.
License for publishing multimedia online 0108263

Registration Number: 130349
FOLLOW US