China's Hainan reports over 6,700 confirmed COVID cases in August
HAIKOU - South China's Hainan province registered 6,704 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 9,577 local asymptomatic ones between Aug 1 and 19, local authorities said at a press briefing Saturday.
The number of new infections has decreased for two consecutive days in the province. In addition, the epidemic situation in some of Hainan's cities and counties, including Lingshui and Danzhou, is effectively curbed, said the press briefing on provincial COVID-19 prevention and control.
As of Friday, 1,076 COVID-19 patients had been discharged from hospitals after recovery in Hainan.
Hainan has helped stranded visitors return home. From Aug 9 to Friday, over 124,000 stranded visitors had left Sanya and the provincial capital Haikou by plane. Meanwhile, 11,842 stranded visitors left the province by ship.
- Top Chinese mainland, Hong Kong finance education institutions ink partnership to deepen ties
- Lantern Festival lights bring the Dunhuang grottoes to life
- China's 2026 Spring Festival travel rush to begin
- Knocking on the stone-framed door
- Shanghai Science and Technology Museum to reopen soon
- Shanghai celebrates Spring Festival with intl students































