China must not relax epidemic control as flow of people increases: official
BEIJING -- China should stick to strict measures on epidemic prevention and control as the country resumes work and production and the flow of people increases, a health official warned Wednesday.
China shall continue implementing the measures of early detection, reporting, quarantine and medical treatment, said Mi Feng with the National Health Commission at a press conference.
"We must take strict measures to prevent imported COVID-19 cases from abroad and a rebound of the epidemic domestically," Mi stressed.
The virus-hit Hubei Province lifted outbound travel restrictions in all areas except the capital city Wuhan Wednesday, he said.
The commission received reports of 47 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Tuesday, all of which were imported.
By the end of Tuesday, a total of 474 imported cases had been reported.
- Fujian gala bridges Taiwan Strait and Southeast Asia
- 4 dead in Yunnan Spring Festival boat accident, special probe ongoing
- Spring festival travel sees more diverse, efficient homebound trips
- Intl audience spellbound by gala's Hefei presentation
- Cross-Strait bonds shine in Spring Festival fireworks show
- Two confirmed dead after tourist boat capsizes in Southwest China
































